Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Old School

It was a HUGE day in our house, Patrick started kindergarten today! As far as I can tell, I was the only parent sobbing at drop off. Thankfully I had some lovely oversized sunglasses to hide my tears. Patrick was so excited. He loved it, proclaiming that he was happy there was "no math" and that his favorite part of the day was "recess". How is it possible that my little guy is off to big kid school?

Molly's also growing up quickly, she's dangerously close to being potty trained and is showing interest in sleeping in her big girl bed. My babies are growing up and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Hold me!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mom said...

When babies grow up they are even more fun, so no worries -- enjoy the journey (except for maybe a couple of days or months or years in the teen years) and celebrate one day at a time! Congratuations on making it through day one -- good start!

Love,
Mom

Tech Savvy Mama said...

Congratulations to your big kindergartner but I know exactly what you mean! We have back to school night tomorrow, open house on Friday, and then the first day on Monday. I know she's ready, but am I? I know I'll be wearing the super huge sunglasses and have a pocket full of tissues! Sigh.

Sending hugs and hoping that tomorrow is better for you. You can counsel me next week! :)