Sunday, August 03, 2008

Swiss Cheese

2 years ago cousin Olivia came out to visit from Switzerland. This year she is back with her mom and dad and 2 brothers for a few weeks. So many cousins! I think last time we figured out that Patrick and Olivia are fifth cousins. Pretty cool, huh? They've been busy traipsing all over California and the West and going to all sorts of cool places we've never been (can you believe we've never been to Alcatraz?).

Yesterday my mom and Michael had a BBQ for everyone in the family to come and meet the Swiss cousins. Cousin Catherine (Olivia's mom) is a professional face painter and spent some time painting the kids faces after dinner. Patrick of course wanted nothing to do with it, but check out the cool faces!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

See Patrick's Batman cape in the picture above? He's been wearing that every day for over a week. The role playing has moved beyond firefighters, we now play super heroes. I suspect this is going to be a long phase.

3 comments:

sumer said...

I was wondering what the facepainting pictures on flickr were about. How cool!! Cousin Catherine is really amazing.

Anonymous said...

I agree that Cousin Catherine's face painting is absolutely amazing, and that she is very talented. I would also add that Patrick's and Molly's unadorned faces are also absoultely amazing -- what a happy, good-looking pair of kids you have!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Cool painting! And how fantastic to have so many cousins. :wub: