Sunday, October 26, 2008

Little Pumpkin

I can't believe October is almost over! Halloween is just around the corner and we've been busy getting ready. On Saturday we took the lids to the pumpkin patch (not the first trip, but this time we actually bought pumpkins). I felt bad dressing them in long-sleeved shirts just so I could take pictures. It was about 80 degrees!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today Patrick and I met a friend at Great America for their "Nick or Treat" Halloween party. I think Patrick has been spoiled by Disney characters, he was not so impressed with Blue and Sponge Bob, even though they were handing out candy. Patrick didn't wear his costume because it is long and black (hmm, any guesses as to what he is going as?), but he and Jo Ann still had fun.

Photobucket

And on the home front, our bathroom remodel has turned out to be a lot more involved than initially planned (isn't that always the case?). It turned out our we had a leaking toilet, which attracted termites in the floor joists. So the joists had to be removed and replaced. And then there was a bunch more with plumbing vents and non-standard walls. In any case, we're gaining a few inches in the room and putting in a much needed medicine cabinet. I took a few pictures but the room is so small it is hard to take photos that show anything!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have another busy week, and on Friday Patrick's preschool will have their annual Halloween Sing. I cannot wait, it is too adorable to see them all in costumes.

No comments: