Friday, December 02, 2005

Bad Day Blues

I did something really stupid today. This morning I took Patrick to Target because I had to pick up a few things. He doesn't do very well in shopping carts so I have to make the trip as quick as possible and offer bribes (raisins). Patrick was thrashing about by the time we got back to the car and it was a real struggle to get him in his carseat. I set my diaper bag down on the pavement while I put him in the car and then drove home without it. I realized it as soon as I pulled in the driveway and high tailed it back to Target to find my bag gone. No one turned it in. I raced back home and tried to remember what exactly I had in my wallet so I could cancel my cards. I still had hope that someone would turn it in so I tried calling my cell phone (it was in the bag) but no one answered. When I called Citibank to cancel my card they asked if I had just purchased gas, I hadn't. So there went my hopes of someone turning it over to the police. I had to cancel my bank account because my checkbook was in the bag, it is a joint account so Tom can't use his ATM card or write checks either. So now it is 3 weeks before Christmas and I don't have an ATM card, a checkbook or a single credit card. It will take 7-10 days for replacements or everything and I have to open a new checking account. After I cancelled all of my cards I looked up the number to Sprint PCS so I could cancel my cell phone. I tried calling my cell phone one more time and it was answered by a woman who was the manager at a Walgreens, she said someone had turned in my bag there saying a woman left it in the parking lot (umm, yeah I left it in the parking lot of Target a mile away). So in the end I got my wallet back, it had been cleared of all cash (including every last coin). My checkbook was still there and no checks were stolen. My cell phone was still there and no calls had been made. I threw out all of Patrick's supplies, it grosses me out to think of someone going through his stuff. In the end it isn't that bad, I may have to wait for my replacement cards but at least I don't have to go to the DMV for a new license.

I have better hope for tomorrow. Maybe we'll go get our Christmas tree, Tom still has credit cards :)

Since I haven't posted pictures in a while, here are some from tonight from a camera phone. Patrick usually hates wearing hats but tonight he insisted on keeping it on during dinner out. Patrick and Tom split a milkshake, it was too cute.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Notice how Patrick now has both straws? What was "our" milkshake became his within about a minute...

Tom