Saturday, July 29, 2006

Going To The Zoo

This afternoon we went to the San Francisco Zoo. Mark Twain once said "The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco" and the city did not dissapoint. It was 60 degrees and overcast, but uncrowded so we were happy. Patrick particularly enjoyed any animal that had been featured in the movie "Madagascar", but was sad that there were no elephants (the Pachyderm building is empty since the Zoo shipped off the elephants last year due to concerns about their health). The zoo is looking a little run down, a lot of the original exhibits are empty. I still miss monkey island. But Patrick was oblivious to the old things that I missed and was thrilled to ride the Zoo Train and feed the goats.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With the same elephant in October, 2004

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: