Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Photobucket

It's less than a week until Christmas and we're as busy as the elves! Last week Patrick had his preschool holiday concert. He's really been enjoying singing Christmas carols so we were looking forward to the show. Of course he was the one kid in the back row making faces, picking his nose and singing at the top of his lungs. Lovely.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On Sunday Danielle had her gingerbread party, Patrick and I both made houses. When he shows them to people he points out his his is the "crazy" one, hee hee.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We finally got our tree this weekend. You may notice that the top third of the tree looks a little crammed, all of my Christopher Radko ornaments are safely tucked up there and out of reach of little hands. We also got a small second tree, I've always wanted to do a smaller tree for my collection of moon and star ornaments. This year we finally got around to doing it and I love it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And last night we had a surprise visitor! There was a knock at the door and lo and behold, Santa was there! Patrick promptly ran and hid under the coffee table until Santa announced that he had brought presents, Patrick scrambled out as quickly as he had hidden and happily posed for pictures. He's really learning how this Santa thing works!

Photobucket

Patrick has been very concerned about how exactly Santa will get down the chimney since he recently saw for himself that our chimney has a cap on the roof. Daddy had promised that he will unscrew it on Christmas Eve so Santa can make his way down easily ;)

Still on the to do list this week... wrap a zillion presents, make some cookies for Santa, decide on a menu for Christmas morning breakfast, go to the grocery store and finish a little Christmas shopping, all with a 3 1/2 year old and a baby. I'm full of the holiday spririt, oh yes I am. HA!

4 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Love that first shot under the tree - what a couple of cuties! Your gingerbread house is A-mazing! WOW!

The Planet Pink said...

Great gingerbread house!! I'm very impressed! And um, good luck with that grocery/Christmas shopping with the kiddos. lol

Jeri said...

LOVE the houses! I think they both look great!

Beautiful tree...you have some really gorgeous ornaments!

Anonymous said...

Wow - did you seriously make that gingerbread house? If so, I am more than impressed. Thanks for the comment on my blog post at SVMom's Blog (Me First). Oh by the way, Molly looks cute on her baptism... our kids got baptized at St. Johns too by Fr. Bob. I think that is who I saw in your photos!