Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm Going To Disneyland!

We got back from a nice little trip to Disneyland last night, we had a blast but it was soooo cold down there! I packed warm clothes for everyone but we really could have all used the extra heavy duty jackets us Northern Californians save for the few times a year it dips below 55 degrees. I even bought a scarf and gloves for myself because I thought I just might freeze to death out there on one of the rides. The drive down and back makes me wonder what I did in a prior life to deserve such cranky travelers. Patrick has gotten better with age (and with the investment in a portable DVD player) but Molly was at her limit after about 90 minutes in her car seat. Needless to say, it was a long trip. But worth it!

Patrick loved every minute of it all, especially the parade, the Peter Pan ride and the ginourmous Ferris wheel. Molly enjoyed Small World and people watching.

My mom and I made Molly the most adorable little Minnie outfit. Molly got about a million comments on it, but sadly it was so cold I didn't get a better picture than this, you can just see the top of her blinged out Minnie shirt.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sleeping Beauty's castle was decorated for Christmas. Having been to Disneyworld a couple of times in the last few years I can say with great authority that Sleeping Beauty's castle is much smaller, and much less interesting than Cinderella's castle at Disneyworld.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I bought Patrick and Molly each a pair of Mickey ears. Patrick pretty much wore his straight for 3 days. He plans on taking them to school for show and tell.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We rode the teacups 3 or 4 times, we were even able to walk on with no lines!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Patrick has the same appreciation for churros that his mom and dad do. Here he is enjoying the Christmas parade with a churro snack.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Patrick really loved the huge Ferris wheel at California Adventure. I did not thankyouverymuch. Besides the fact that it was freezing up at the top, there were no seat belts and I was having visions of Patrick jumping up, prying open the doors and flying out. Tom assures me that these kinds of thoughts are not normal. Whatever. Molly and I sat out on subsequent rides.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We got to meet up with some friends while we were down there, Patrick and Calvin had a blast taking Fantasyland by storm. Calvin even tried to convince Patrick to ride the Haunted Mansion. We got as far as the elevator room before we took the chicken exit.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And finally Patrick got to "meet" two of his favorite characters, Mater and Lightening McQueen. He was actually a little giddy about getting to have his picture taken with them!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We have a nice time, but I am so glad to be back home. Molly seems to really thrive on her routine and is sleeping much better at home. I am sleeping better as well, hotel beds just aren't the same.

Up next on the agenda for this week: getting a Christmas tree, doing a little shopping, visiting with Auntie Cheryl who arrived from Holland, going to a wedding and a gingerbread house party. I am exhausted just thinking about it all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dipping below 55 is cold.... its about 20 degrees her in cleveland...u guys are sooo lucky.... cute pictures

How do we know said...

this is my first time here, and ur kids are soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I would have similar thoughts about the feris wheel. Sounds perfectly logical to me. lol
The pic of Tom and Patrick together is really so so so cute. :wub:

Jan Russell said...

CUTE vacation pictures! And I'm dying to have a gingerbread house party - so jealous! You must report back to us on that!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Shannon, I'm with you on the ferris wheel. I always have thoughts like that. Call me crazy.
The pictures are adorable.
Love
alix