Monday, January 07, 2008

White Wedding

Tonight while Patrick was taking a bath he noticed my wedding rings and was asking about them. He sort of knows about the concept of marriage, he's seen our wedding pictures but this was the first time he had really asked about it. So he was looking at my rings and excitedly asked me if he could get married when he grew up. "Of course" I told him, when he grew up and fell in love he could get married. I asked him who he was going to marry and he excitedly told me he would marry Brayden, his best friend at school. I had to stifle the snickers. I asked him what they would wear, and he rolled his eyes at me and said "jeans!", and I would wear my "wedding shirt and wedding pants". He rattled off the list of friends he would invite, told me that there would be lots of balloons and how exciting it would all be. I was laughing so hard at this point I had tears.

He also told me that tomorrow morning at school he was going to tell Brayden's parents all about his plan. I'm thinking that might not be such a good idea.

3 comments:

Jan Russell said...

I'm so glad Harrison understands the whole wedding thing. He's going to marry me ;-)

Patrick is too funny! I love that he's going to wear jeans!

The Planet Pink said...

Well, at least he plans on getting married! My Princess #1 is determined to not marry at all. Because then she wouldn't be able to sleep in OUR bed at night. (roll eyes)

Shannon said...

Jan, when I asked him who he was going to marry I fully expected him to answer me. Serves me right for asking! ;)