Earlier this month we spent a week down in Southern California at Disneyland, Legoland and Seaworld. I look forward to the days when traveling with kids isn't such the production and may actually even be a little relaxing. We had a wonderful time, especially Patrick and Molly. Patrick was completely fearless at Disneyland and was pretty much willing to ride anything. His favorites were Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad and Star Tours. Molly declared everything a "fun ride!", but seemed particularly impressed with anything in Fantasyland. We had lunch with the princesses (per Patrick's request). He told them all his name was Luke Skywalker. Without missing a beat Cinderella replied "Oh, your kingdom is very far, far away!". Patrick was still smitten with the princesses, although he was a little disappointed that they didn't remember him from his last visit with them (at Disneyworld last year).
After Disneyland we went a little further south and spent a few days in Carlsbad. I wasn't quite sure what to expect at Legoland but we had a really, really great time. Patrick was at the perfect age to really enjoy it. We had only planned for one day at the park, but next time I would plan on 2 days (especially since the park has very short hours). The Lego displays were pretty amazing, there was a recreating of Barack Obama's inauguration, complete with a tiny Aretha Franklin and hat. Awesome! Legoland also has a small aquarium, complete with Lego people in the tanks. It was sort of interesting, but not worth the extra price of admission (we had free coupons).
Seaworld was just OK. The Shamu show was awesome and makes me rethink my decision to major in business when I could have gone to school for marine biology and been an orca trainer. But the other exhibits were pretty similar to things we can see at the San Francisco Zoo or the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Yawn. I would definitely skip that one the next time.
More pics on Flickr!
1 comment:
Welcome back - I can't get enough of these kids, so it's always a pleasure to see new photos and to get some new insights into what they're up to!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment