Wednesday, May 06, 2009

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

Patrick and Molly had check-ups with the pediatrician today (one of the benefits of having birthdays close together, they can go in at the same time). For some reason Patrick was super excited about seeing the doctor, even though his last visit to the pediatrician involved 5 shots so we could register for kindergarten. Patrick has a little bit of a problem with the vision test, it was hard to tell if he was having a hard time seeing or if he was just bored with answering the nurses questions. We get to go back in in 3 months for another check. I'm really hoping he doesn't need glasses. Patrick weighed in at a petite 37 pounds and 41.5 inches, which puts his around the 20th percentile. I guess I hadn't realized that he was on thew small side, but it was confirmed today when I tried to put a pair of size 5, elastic waist shorts on him and them slid right down to his ankles. Molly weighed in at 26 pounds and 32 inches, which puts her in the 90th percentile. Go figure! She took her 3 shots like a champ, no tears at all. Not like a certain drama prone boy whose name rhymes with Batrick.

Now that the whole swine flu thing seems to have died down, and Tom is not longer slammed by it at work, we are going on a little road trip. Yeay! We're planning on seeing Mickey, Legos and Shamu. Please, oh please let the kids be angels in the car. Pretty please with a cherry on top. I'm begging.

2 comments:

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

That's exactly how things are in our house too! Petite older child and larger than life second child! I'm so glad swine flu didn't live up to the hype...Enjoy your trip and hope all goes well in the car!

Anonymous said...

Gee maybe glasses???? Think I can help you there. Have a great trip and tell me if the Jolly Roger is still standing.

LOve Gpa