Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It's hard to believe you are already a year old. You've grown in to a such a happy little guy and you bring everyone around you great joy. Our lives have completely changed and I am grateful for every little change you brought. You are starting to walk, today you took a record 28 steps before collapsing into the floor in a fit of giggles. You love to point at things and you expect me to bring you to whatever item you are pointing at. You have a few words in your vocabulary including dada, mama and tick tock (clock). Based on your current interests, I am guessing you would have a great career as a banana farmer, clockmaker, drummer or construction worker. When we ask you "How big is Patrick?" you respond by holding your arms high above your head and then you laugh, knowing that you've pleased us. You still don't sleep through the night but I forgive you, there's plenty of time for sleep later on. Right now I just want to enjoy every minute I can, I worry that if I blink you'll be heading off to kindergarden. Thank you for being such a wonderful addition to our lives. We love you very, very much.

Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon - what a sweet letter. You are making this highly hormonal pregnant lady get all teary eyed. Keep it up, I love it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a pregnant woman and I still really liked your letter to Trick a.k.a. "Patch". I'm glad you're happy little sis. Now can you take the picture of me with the pink cowboy hat off of your site? j/k It's all good.

- Nick "The Godfather"