Monday, August 22, 2005

Goodnight Sweetheart

We've hit a HUGE sleep milestone. Patrick was never a good sleeper, he didn't start sleeping through the night until he was a year old. He doesn't sleep a whole lot (maybe a total of 12 hours per day including a nap). Lately he's been waking up before 6 am. So what is this big milestone? Patrick can finally put himself to sleep. We used to (mostly Tom used to) walk him or rock him to sleep every night and it sometimes took an hour. Now we can lay him down in his crib and he is out within 2 minutes. He fusses a little but doesn't really cry. I guess it helps to have Elmo with you.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last Thursday Patrick and I met Monica, Malia and Makaio at Oakridge Mall for a playdate and lunch. Monica is one of my very bestest friends in the whole world and she is moving next weekend to San Luis Obispo. I am very sad for me, but happy for Monica and Matt cause they will be so close to their parents and building the house of their dreams. Monica and I have been friends since college and I am going to miss her very, very much. So Thursday was bittersweet. I cried on the drive home from the mall. We had a great day though, and Patrick even took his first carousel ride.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This weekend was fairly relaxed. Even Patrick had time to kick back.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet posting you made about our rendesvous at Oakridge. I am totally going to miss you. If you ever feel like it, just hop in the car and come down for a visit. There is even an extra room at my parents and they would love to have you guys visit. Even come on a week day just you and Patrick if you like. (Matt will be gone Tues & Wed nights)
We'll keep in touch!