Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Finish Line

We are oh so very close to the house being done, finally!

This weekend we celebrated my cousin Michael's 9th Birthday. Patrick had a great time playing with his cousins. I've been trying to teach him names so cousin Isabel was pleased when Patrick called her Izzy!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This past week our hardwood floors were stained, sanded and sealed (or whatever it is called) and the deck in back was started. Tomorrow the final coat of sealant will be put on and the appliances are being delivered. I think the painters come back on Tuesday or Wednesday to finish the walls, cabinets and baseboards. The stain I picked for the floors is sort of dark (turns out I like dark colors!). Today Tom and Michael put in all of the deadbolts.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Before anyone freaks out about that cobalt blue paint I will point out that that is the laundry room and I like the color. Once the second coat goes on I will like it even more :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

hahahahah. I thought that cobalt blue was some paper or tape that still needed to be removed. I can't wait to see the house!
D