Thursday, May 11, 2006

Garlic Blues

Patrick fell in love with a piece of garlic today. I was chopping garlic this afternoon and Patrick was very interested. He wanted to smell it and touch it (and I wanted to finish my cooking), so I gave him an entire clove (with the skin still on) to play with. Patrick sat down on his couch with it and very gently peeled the clove as he watched a DVD. He then carried the garlic around for the next 3 hours, sniffing it and declaring "Nummy, garlic smell good!". It was rather hilarious. I guess toddlers sometimes get attached to small inanimate objects. Patrick's friend Calvin had a recent affair with a coffee bean (until it ended up in his nose).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But alas, all good things must come to an end. Patrick gave his garlic clove to Ella who took a bite and spit it back out all mashed up. Poor garlic never had a chance.

No comments: