The terrible 2s seem to have hit full force in the last month or so. When Patrick turned 2 in April I kept thinking "This isn't so bad!". And it really wasn't for the first 6 or 7 month. But someone must have clued him in on the fact that he is supposed to act like an irrational little person. Don't want to get in the car? Scream and arch your back so mommy can't get you in your car seat! Tired of Target? Throw yourself down on the floor and scream so mommy scoops you up and leaves! Don't want to leave the house? Refuse to get dressed! Not getting your way? Punish mommy by slamming furniture into the walls!
Sigh.
And now the attitude has started. We were getting ready to go to the grocery store today and I asked Patrick to sit down so I could put his shoes on. His response? "No way!" shouted over and over and over again. I hear from friends it only gets worse when they turn 3. Somedays I think I may move to Australia. But then he does something completely adorable like insisting we use the phone to call his baby sister. I tried explaining that it wouldn't work but he insisted it would. I finally called Tom on his call phone so Patrick could "talk" to his sister. He kept asking "Whatcha doin' in there?" to which baby sister responsed "I'm growing!". Patrick has decided he wants to call her every night before bed. How cute is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment