I've mentioned before that Patrick has a slight obsession with firemen. I'm not sure I've told you all how deep his obsession runs. It started with a little show on Sprout called Fireman Sam. It's a 10 minute long animated show made in Wales of all places. Patrick doesn't even really watch the show anymore but he has taken on the alter ego of Fireman Sam. If you ask him what his name is 90% of the time he will answer "Fireman Sam". He has also renamed us as characters from the show. Tom is now called Elvis, and I am known as Henny (Patrick's version of Penny). His grandparents have been everyone from Station Officer Steele to Mandy to Norman Price. And the pugs are now called the fire doggies. We do not live in a house, we live in a fire station. My car is now known as the firetruck. Whenever he has the opportunity, Patrick prefers to dress in his fireman costume. It's really rather sweet and funny. I'm sure we get looks out in public when Patrick calls Tom "Elvis" instead of Daddy.
We've been well adapting to life as a family of 4. Tom took Patrick to a tour of a local small farm with his play group yesterday and was quite amazed at what a bunch of 3 year olds are like when they get together.
And today we all left the house! I've been getting a little stir crazy having been stuck in the house (and the hospital) for the last 11 days. Today we ventured out to Stanford Shopping Center for lunch and a little walking around. Molly slept through the entire outing (something Patrick never would have done!). She's really been such a sweet, mellow baby. She continues to sleep in 3-4 hour stretches at night and goes right back to sleep when she is done nursing. She's awake more during the day now but almost always content and not fussy or crying. I feel like I've hit the baby jackpot! We go back to the pediatrician on Monday for a weight check and hopefully she will be back up to her birth weight. I'm feeling more mobile but still tire easily, and I still feel pain when coughing or sneezing, but my recovery has been much easier this time around.
And a one last picture, this one if from today at the mall, notice Patrick's fireman backpack and his "fireman boots" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment