Friday, February 01, 2008

We're Not Sleeping

Actually, I take that back, Patrick is sleeping just fine (thank God!). Operation Get Molly Sleeping has been a horrible failure. For some reason when she breaks her mama's heart cries herself to sleep, it just doesn't stick. She's awake again in as little as 30 minutes. Cry, sleep, and repeat over and over again. No one is getting much sleep. We may give up on this. Everyone swears it works but it just isn't making much sense right now, we're all up more than we would be if she just stuck to her 11pm, 3am and 6am wakings. This sucks. In related news, I saw something on the news last night about sleep deprivation and how horrible it can be. They interviewed researchers at the Stanford Sleep Clinic and I was surprised to hear it takes 3-4 hours of additional sleep to make up for every hour of lost sleep. Wake me up in 2009, I may be ready to tackle the world then.

3 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Really, 2009 sounds so optimistic! I won't be ready for you to shake my shoulders until 2010 at the earliest - lol. I am truly sorry Miss Molly is still having rough nights. It's impossible to know what you should do next, but whatever your next step is, I hope it equals more sleep for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Shannon. Surely Miss Molly is going to need to catch up on her OWN sleep at some point, right? *fingers crossed*

Bethany said...

Hello,
I was blog hopping tonight and some how stumbled on your blog and just had to write and tell you that I am in the exact same shoes as you are (or were?) I have a 9 month old son who refuses to put himself to sleep and still wakes up every 2 hours to nurse. I am a walking zombie. I tried the cry it out method it breaks my heart and crushes me every time. I guess it's just nice to know that I am not alone and not going to mommy hell for wanting my bed & sleep back! Well, goodluck to you if the sleep dilemna hasn't been resolved yet.

Best Wishes,
Bethany