Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mama

patrick and molly

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a very lovely day. Tom and Patrick made us all breakfast this morning. Tom does not cook much at all so this was a very big deal! It's nice to have a special day :)

We've been busy and I haven't been so good at keeping up with the blog. We're getting ready for a big trip and I am a little nervous fore Molly's first plane ride. When Patrick was her age he had been on several plane rides, but with two kids it seems a little more intimidating. OK, a lot more intimidating. And I'm having nightmares about the amount of luggage we need to bring!

Patrick started swimming lessons a few months ago. He has his good days and bad days in the pool, but he is completely comfortable going completely underwater, floating on his back and diving in. He's working on pushing off from the side of the pool and not freaking out when he gets to the middle of the pool. Last week he went on his first school field trip, all the way to the zoo. This one was probably a bigger deal for me as the thought of him going on a school bus and being away all day freaked me out a bit but he did really well and had a fabulous time. Patrick has started noticing differences in people and always seems to point them out to me in a loud voice in a public place. He's become so much more of a little boy and seems so grown up. He loves his sister fiercely and is extremely protective of her. I love watching him interact with her, it gives me the warm fuzzies.

Molly is cruising around as a rapid rate but still not walking. Everyone seems to think it will be any day now but I'm not so sure. She says a few words now, including Dada and Mama and something I think means "more". Sleep is still an issue. I wrote about it several months ago and honestly, it hasn't gotten much better. I was so convinced that we had a good sleeper when she started sleeping through the night at around 5 months, but then the teething started and in the last 7 months she's slept through the night twice. Napping is also a little wonky right now, she's still taking two naps a day but they seem to be getting shorter. I thought she might be ready to consolidate to one nap but by 10am every day she hits the wall and can't keep her eyes open. Sleep issues aside, she's a very easy and loving baby who adores her big brother.

I feel like a very lucky mama today!

2 comments:

Jan Russell said...

That is the CUTEST picture of Patrick and Molly - they look so sweet together!

M. said...

What a beautiful family you have. Our son is just a wee bit older than your girl, born 4/2/07. By the way, he too doesn't sleep through the night! Just wanted to commiserate. : )