Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Maria, Maria

Guess who I got to meet tonight? The first lady of California, Maria Shriver. She had a private book signing for the Silicon Valley Moms Blog, and somehow my friend Leticia (who can be found at her blog Tech Savvy Mama, and on the DC Metro Moms Blog) managed to get an invite for me. It was an interesting event, there were some completely hard core bloggers there (as in they had their laptops out and were typing away during the Q&A, I have absolutely no idea what they found so compelling). Maria talked about her books, and signed copies afterwards. I had received an advance copy of the book but failed to actually start reading it until this afternoon. The book is short. Very short. I finished the entire thing in less than 15 minutes. But it is sweet, it mas a nice message to spend some time every day thinking about who it is you want to be, as is something that evolves.

And Maria was completely nice. She asked me about my kids, I knew she also had a son named Patrick so we talked about what a great name it was. Still not sure I'd vote for her husband though ;)

P4290062r

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats so awesome...the only famous person I met was the fist bachelor Andrew Firestone....although I must say he is much cuter!!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Shannon- You won't vote for me?? I vont your vote or else I'll be back

The Terminator