Friday, February 18, 2005

Strange Voyage

We're back from Texas! Patrick now has his own frequequent flyer number now. Unfortunately we were on a flight without the "extra leg room" and the seat in front of Patrick was the perfect distance for him to kick. The gentleman sitting in the seat was not the least bit amused and it is kind of hard to get a 10 month old to stop moving.

We were gone over Valentine's Day, Patrick and I enjoyed a nice lunch out (could I have asked for a better Valentine?).


I'd been to Dallas numerous times, but never ventured too far beyone DFW. When I worked at Sun I used to go to meetings at the hotel that is within the airport so I never saw too much. This time I had a chance to see Dallas and the surrounding area and I've decided that Texas is strange. Let me take you on a photo journey if I may. Please excuse the photo quality as these snapshots were taken from a moving car.

Reason #1 Texas is strange...they have wacky billboards. For a red state they sure have a LOT of "gentleman's clubs" advertised along the highway.





Reason #2 Texas is strange...the traffic lights are sideways. What's up with that?


Reason #3 Texas is strange...you have to pay to use some of the roads (see my rant below). It cost me $2.25 to go 15 miles on the tollway.



Reason #4 Texas is strange...which president is this road named after? GWB or GHWB? I think they kept it generic to please both.


Reason #5 Texas is strange...Dallas is home of the "grassy knoll".


Case closed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great commentary on the state of Texas, literally and figuratively! Welcome back to good old California. Curiously enough, Patrick got even cuter while he was away - go figure!

Love you -
Mom

Anonymous said...

How could one site have so many cute pictures! Rachel says a new Zoolander baby has been born. He's a cutie and it's fun to see the pictures.

Love,
Maggie