Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Baby Baby

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Our little Molly is 3 months old today! The time has just zoomed by, it's hard to believe she's 1/4 of the way through her first year. Molly's been such a sweet baby. She started sleeping through the night but I got cocky about it and mentioned it to a few people, you know what that means, right? Last night she was up at 2! But she's such a happy baby, she doesn't even cry when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she just coos and kicks. And she always offers plenty of smiles as payment for those middle of the night feedings. She weighed in today at 14 pounds even, and measured at just over 24 inches. It seems her growth is slowing down which is a good thing because mommy likes to buy clothes ahead and I would have been bummed out if nothing fit. Molly's developing her little personality and even has definite likes and dislikes. Likes include: having her diaper changed; playing with her brother; having her feet smooched; looking at herself in mirror; watching her crib mobile; and being held all day. Dislikes include; loud noises; the sound of sneezes; having her fingernails trimmed; having to wait more than 2 hours between feedings; and getting the sun in her eyes. Molly's losing her hair a little bit, partyly because she sleeps on her back and partly because she likes to tug at her hair when she is nursing (mommy's losing her hair too but that is another story). Patrick continues to be good with her, he loves coming in with me to get her up from his nap, he hands me diapers when I change her, and he talks about all the things he will do with Molly when she gets bigger. At the top of his list is a trip to the zoo.

And me? I'm getting to be more confident as the mom of 2 kids. We get out of the house more often than I expected, even if it is just to the grocery store or Target. I find that I am so much more relaxed with Molly than I was with Patrick and I wonder if that is part of the reason she is so easy. I just feel blessed :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shan-You (and Tom) are both blessed. When your children are healthy and there is food on the table then it puts things in persepctive.

Love, Dad