Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Jam

Photobucket

Guess what I've been doing? Making jam! Patrick's been helping as both my official taste tester and cherry pitter. In the last few weeks I've made about 18 jars, which will definitely be enough to get us through the year. Between buying all of the jars and the cases of fruit, I am pretty sure I've spent way (WAY) more than I would have spent on a few jars of Costco jam. But homemade jam is surely more delicious and maybe my scrawny little apricot tree will bless us with a bumper crop next summer!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, homemade jam is well worth the extra cost and work! And Patrick will always remember making it with you.

Jan Russell said...

I feel warm and fuzzy just looking at them - how sweet that you and Patrick made jam together. My kids are gipped!

Jan Russell said...

Hey Shannon - I'm going to post this here too, in case you didn't see it on my blog - I'm never sure if people go back and read the comments - lol.

This is the free template place
http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/

And this is where I hired the woman to design my blog
http://www.reallifedesign.net/

I ordered the "day at the spa" package.

I really liked the woman from LeeLou, but she wouldn't use any digital supplies, saying it was agains the law??? I asked Jonathan, and it's not a copyright infringment since we're only hiring them for design services - NOT the materials - which I had to purchase separately. Weird.

Anywho - the lady who contacted me was very nice, and I can't wait to see it when it's done! I have NO IDEA how to work with HTMLs. NONE so it was worth the $$ for me.

Jeri said...

Yum! What all kinds have you made? How fun!

Anonymous said...

What's with the buying "cases of fruit"? I thought the point was to use up all those cherries you happened upon. LOL! The jars look lovely and I'm sure they taste better than Costco's too. ;)

Shannon said...

Jeri, I made cherry-strawberry, strawberry-raspberry-backberry and apricot. The cherry-strawberry is my favorite.

And Melissa, all the orchards are gone, torn down so rows of generic dense housing could be built. Blah, I'd rather have cherries!

Tracey said...

Ooh, that looks so yummy! I want some.