Thursday, September 14, 2006

The School Boy

Things are looking up on the preschool front! On Tuesday I left Patrick for an hour, his teachers said he did well while I was gone, but when I picked him up he pretty much lost it. He wouldn't stop crying and had a gigantic tantrum in the sandbox. When I decided he had enough and took him to leave a little early, he had a second melt down about leaving. Sometimes I cannot figure that kid out. Today the plan was to leave him for the full 2.75 hours. He cried when I dropped him off this morning, and I was expecting a call to come pick him up early but he made it all the way until 11, his teachers asked me to pick him up a little early because they worried the whole pick up process with all the other moms might agitate him a little. When I picked him up he was sitting in the lap of one of his teachers and was sniffling a little bit but he was OK. He was happy to see me, said his goodbyes, and was happy to leave. So I considered it a HUGE step forward and I'm certain he'll adapt very soon (of course we leave for vacation next weekend so that may throw him off a little). After school we went out for a celebratory pizza lunch and met up with some friends where Patrick seemed happy and content. It was a good day!

No comments: