Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Travelers

On Friday we leave for vacation, we're going to visit the big cheese (Mickey Mouse) at Disneyworld. It involves an entire day on an airplane and 3 airports. I am very much not looking forward to this. The last time we flew with Patrick was just about a year ago and I do not have pleasant memories of that day. Cross your fingers for us! We had planned to be at Disneyworld for a week, but we ended up extending our trip when Tom decided to attend a conference in Orlando a week after our vacation. Since Patrick and I would already be down there we decided to stay the second week with Tom and explore around Orlando. I think Patrick is excited about the trip, he keeps asking to ride Dumbo and see "Mickey Mouse's Castle". I have a sneaking suspicion that his favorite thing will be the parades in the parks. The boy loves a good parade. Hopefully I will be able to update the blog with pictures while we are gone. I know I have been slacking in the picture department.

In other news, Patrick is doing better each day at school. Tomorrow he has his class picture taken. How cute is that? Tom's taking bets on whether or not I will be able to dress Patrick in a button down shirt and a sweater tomorrow morning. Patrick would probably prefer to go to school in his jammies. Tom and I had the chance to tour Bing Nursery School at Stanford today after having been on the wait list for the last 2+ years. The school looks pretty amazing, and they have a very open schedule which allows children to move around as they please which I think would be great for Patrick. The one thing that stinks is that they don't send out acceptance letters until August, which is a good 6-7 months after other preschools in the area. So we will likely re-enroll Patrick in his current school for next year, hope he gets into Bing, and lose out on enrollment and a month of tuition costs for school #1. Navigating the preschool system here kind of stinks.

No comments: