Thursday, December 21, 2006

Take The Pain Away

Yesterday I had two doctor appointments, including another ultrasound and this baby is definitely a girl (two ultrasound techs and a radiologist declaring it makes it so, right?). Everything looks good and baby is healthy, so that was the good news. However, yesterday evening I developed a severe pain in my ear, and of course the pain hadn't been there when I was at the doctor's office. It finally go so bad I was threatening to stick an ice pick in my ear to make it stop. So Tom sent me off to the emergency room where I was found to have a raging ear infection (and a bonus upper respiratory infection). Since I'm pregnant, they took me in right away, even though it had nothing to do with the baby. I'm now on a course of antibiotics but they couldn't give me anything for the pain other than an ear drop that is supposed to help (it doesn't). The doctor said it takes 2-48 hours for the antibiotics to kick in and the pain to subside. I am completely miserable right now, my ear is throbbing in pain, I can't hear out of it, and there is a constant ringing in it. Now I understand why little kids get so miserable with ear infections, it hurts! I would rank it right up there with being in labor.

Patrick knows I haven't been feeling well. He's been so sweet in offering up suggestions to help me. First he offered me some imaginary soup to make me feel better. Then he gave me a kiss on my owie. And finally he suggested we try a band aid, that should make me feel better. Awwwww :)

No comments: