Thursday, April 12, 2007

Baby Girl

I am so absolutely and completely done being pregnant. But my c-section isn't scheduled for 11.5 more days (and yes, that half a day is important!). I've been having frequent, mostly painless Braxton Hicks contractions for the last few weeks. I am pretty sure the baby is trying to make an exit straight through my abdominal wall with vigorous karate kicks. And she's dropped, which Patrick never did, which is a rather uncomfortable sensation. The only time I'm really comfortable is lying on my side, which isn't really possible with an almost 3 year old. We have places to go and things to see, today included lunch out with friends (which included a toddler version of a bar brawl complete with stool throwing), several errands downtown, and a birthday party in the afternoon. I am exhausted.

And speaking of almost 3 year olds, notice my ticker up above. Tomorrow is Patrick's big birthday! We're starting out the day with a tour of a local fire station with our playgroup. Patrick should be quite pleased. Tomorrow night we're having family over for pizza, and then on Monday morning he has a birthday party with his little friends. I just need to make it until Monday afternoon and then I am golden to have this baby.

No comments: