Saturday, April 28, 2007

Good Golly Miss Molly

We got home yesterday and we're settling in and adjusting to life as a family of 4. Patrick still seems smitten with his little sister, I hope it continues. Molly is still sleeping more often than not. Patrick was very awake and alert as a newborn so it is nice to have a sleeper this time around! Last night was the first night where she was awake for any great period of time (maybe 2 hours?). The first few nights we had to wake her up every few hours to nurse and then she would go right back to sleep. Maybe we'll be super lucky and end up with one of those babies that sleeps through the night at 6 weeks! :)

Molly brought Patrick a present, a real life firefighter costume. Patrick was beyond thrilled with it and has pretty much worn it for the last 4 days straight. Here's Patrick giving Molly a kiss...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is how Molly spent her first few nights of life. The hospital encouraged co-sleeping (which was a new thing, I don't remember that with Patrick).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Getting ready to go home...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Leaving the hospital. Tom looks so happy!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

First time at home as a family of 4...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Patrick holding his baby sister...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And is anyone else amazed that I had an almost 9 pound baby inside of me? I am still in complete shock over that. TMI warning... My doctor said it was a very good thing I did not attempt a VBAC as my uterine wall was very thin near my c-section scar. I'm very thankful we're all healthy and OK!


3 comments:

Darienne said...

Aw, beautiful photos! I hope you're able to keep getting some rest.

Anonymous said...

Molly and Patrick look great. Hope the parents are getting some well deserved sleep. Hope to see you this summer.

Love to All

Anonymous said...

Looks like Molly has shannon's nose and eyes. She's beautiful