Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Car Trouble

Anyone who has small children has most certainly heard about all of the recent toy recalls. It makes me really mad. Why do we have a consumer product safety commission if we are letting toys (of all things) into the country that are dangerous to our children? Why doesn't the Chinese government seem more concerned? Why aren't moms speaking out and saying this isn't acceptable? What can we do?

I could toss all of his toys that were made in China but that would be most of them. Patrick's still upset of his Thomas trains that had to be sent back.

And more importantly, if you were a recalled "Sarge" car somewhere in our house, where would you be? We've turned the house upside down looking for it, I know I saw it last week. I'll just hope it's not hidden under something flaking off lead dust.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan-What can we do???? Get other Moms that you know to start a petition letter to your local congress rep. Power to the people! A letter signed by 50-60 Moms demanding action does a ton of good. Here's your chance to take action. Put pressure on your congress representative. Get your Mom friends to band together. Good Luck!

Love, Dad

missmolly said...

It looks like the state rep from San Francisco is making a fuss, so this might not be a huge uphill battle.
http://tinyurl.com/3ayukm

Good luck finding the Sarge car, too, but as long as it's lost, no one will be chewing on it!

Anonymous said...

Patrick found Sarge and luckily he was made in Thailand.

-Tom

Anonymous said...

Tom-Isn't that part of China? Hey I went to a state college!

Shannon said...

OMG Dad I am rolling my eyes. We went to state colleges too ;)

Anonymous said...

thats funny ...hey i go to a private school and I didn't know Thailand was in china:(!!

Shannon said...

Jamie, I hope Dad was kidding, ha ha. Thailand is its own country and near China, but not a part of it.

Anonymous said...

ok...now im embarrassed...and i don't think dad was kidding

Anonymous said...

Guys-Thailand is in Japan right??? Or maybe it's ah, ah, ah Korea. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Anonymous said...

oh brother

Shannon said...

You said it Jamie ;)