In other news, Ella is in the pet hospital :( She has a kidney stone and a kidney infection, the vet needs to make sure the stone gets smaller and her infection responds to antibiotics. She only has one kidney so it's really important that she responds to treatment in order to avoid surgery. So please keep her in your thoughts! We all miss her, especially Louie.
Saturday, August 04, 2007
County Fair
This weekend was the Santa Clara County Fair. When I was a kid the fair was a big deal, it ran for 8 or 10 days and we usually went to see the animals, eat corndogs and ride the rides. Sometimes one of my cousins had an animal they were showing in the fair. I remember there being hundreds and hundreds of animals and lots to see. I always loved it. So when I saw the commercials for the fair last week we decided it would be fun to take Patrick. The fair is only 4 days now, and it was actually quite small. There was maybe 1/5 of what I remember from 15 years ago. It's kind of sad because this area has such a rich agricultural tradition and it's just about all gone. I was hoping to be able to show Patrick something about what this area was like when I was a kid, and what it was like for his grandparents and great grandparents who grew up here. My mission was only sort of accomplished, Patrick enjoyed seeing the animals but I'm not sure it was as meaningful as I would have hoped. Maybe next year.


In other news, Ella is in the pet hospital :( She has a kidney stone and a kidney infection, the vet needs to make sure the stone gets smaller and her infection responds to antibiotics. She only has one kidney so it's really important that she responds to treatment in order to avoid surgery. So please keep her in your thoughts! We all miss her, especially Louie.
In other news, Ella is in the pet hospital :( She has a kidney stone and a kidney infection, the vet needs to make sure the stone gets smaller and her infection responds to antibiotics. She only has one kidney so it's really important that she responds to treatment in order to avoid surgery. So please keep her in your thoughts! We all miss her, especially Louie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment