Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Artist's Life

The other day Patrick was playing with watercolors on the deck (oh how I love the school supply sales at Target this month!). We had a very serious conversation before he started about how paint was only for the paper, not for the house (there was an unfortunate incident with crayons and stucco earlier this summer that did not end well). Patrick was outside playing around, I was in the family room with Molly. I went out after a few minutes to check on him and found this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When I asked him what he had done he said "nothing". Lord help me.


And while I'm on the subject of art, just when I was starting to worry that Patrick missed out on those artistic genes, he started drawing recognizable things! Here's a happy face he drew on his Aquadoodle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And last week Patrick went to his first birthday party at Pump It Up. It's like Chuck E. Cheese for the '00s (what do we call that?), but full of large inflatable jumpers and slides. The birthday girl was turning 3, and her friends seemed quite impressed with the place.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's Patrick with the birthday girl Skye and his friend Calvin. Moments after this picture was taken a small war broke out over who got to sit in the giant chair.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Omigoodness, too funny - at least he followed the rules and stayed away from the house, right? He's so cute!

Anonymous said...

I think he gets his artist talent from his aunt!!