skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I Left My Heart in San Francisco
I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately as Patrick seems to have a case of the "fidgets" according to his preschool teacher. I needed a change of scenery so Tom took us up to San Francisco today for a little retail therapy. I haven't been shopping in Union Square in what seems like ages and we had a blast! We checked out the new San Francisco Center and the new Bloomingdale's. It was nice, but in my mind it will never match the old Emporium. When I was a kid, they had a rooftop carnival every year around Christmas. Not only did they have rides, but Santa was there! My mom would take us up to the city every year to go shopping and to see the carnival. It always seemed like an exotic and glamorous trip even though San Francisco was less than 30 miles away. We always dressed up and made a special day of it. So I made Tom pose with the kids in front of the Emporium sign, it made me nostalgic for my childhood and I hope that my kids will someday have really special memories like that.
Notice how Patrick had to be bribed into sitting in the stroller with a bag of M&Ms? He is really not a fan of the stroller, but walking back up Stockton Street was going to be much easier without worrying about him getting lost in the crowds so we did what we had to do :) And retail therapy does a body and soul good. Tom bought me a beautiful new handbag, and we got Molly and Patrick some fall clothes. I even found the most perfect French dress for Molly for Thanksgiving, it was from last fall so it was on sale for 70% off. I might have cried a little it was so perfect.
Tonight I took a bath and used every one of my nice smelly bath products (thanks Mary K!). I'm feeling refreshed. Let's see how long this lasts, lol!
3 comments:
Molly is HEAVEN in that dress - she is the cutest little thing! Your shopping day sounds glorious -is it cool in San Fran? I'm jealous that you got to break out the Boden already!
It was about 70, which is actually a pretty nice day for a San Francisco summer. It was a nice excuse to break out the fall clothes!
Very glad to have helped! There's a reason (or several) that there is a Mother's Day - there just usually aren't enough of them each year!
Mary K.
Post a Comment