Patrick was in muuuuuch better spirits today, we actually made it to the grocery store but then a potty emergency necessitated cutting the trip short and jamming back home. I'm so ready for Patrick's potty issues to ease up. Anyhoo, Tom wanted to go out to dinner so we made our way over to the very kid friendly Peninsula Creamery, except it hasn't been called that in 15 years or so and I honestly do not even know the new name. Patrick's been eating and feeling much better but will happily tell anyone he comes across about his barf-o-rama sessions. Such a boy thing, I am sure!
Tom got a store bought, but delicious, birthday cake.
And a sweet picture of Molly.
And now for something totally random. Some friends and I were talking a few weeks ago about the fact that Jell-O Pudding Pops were the bomb and why on earth did they stop making them? They came in a zillion flavors and they rocked, plus they were low fat and low calorie. So I started digging around online and it appears Popsicle brand brought them back but they aren't the same. So we decided to make our own and they were awesome. Patrick loved helping and the end result was almost as good as the original. I highly recommend picking up some popsicle molds and making your own. We're also used the molds to freeze juice and applesauce. Applesauce pops are
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Tom! I'm glad Patrick's tummy was feeling better in time to have cake! And YUM, YUM, YUM on the jello pops - can I get some easy to follow directions for making those PLEASE?
Just put pudding into a mold? Those look yummay!
Hey Shan the heck with applesauce. How about rasberry or cherry????? Either one and I will order a couple of doz. for the office here in Cincy. Happy BDay to Tom!
Love, Dad
It's super easy Jan, you can do it! You use a small box of instant Jello pudding, any flavor. Mix with 2 cups of milk, before it sets (it takes about 5 minutes to set) pour it into the molds. It will have a thick consistency like cream, then pop into freezer. 1 box makes enough for 6 pops. I tried making my own version of the "swirl" with chocolate and vanilla, as you can see the colors ran together a little but they were still yummy! Quick, easy, 100 calories and cheap!
I almost forgot to check back here for instructions! Thank you SO much - I'm going to try these soon - yummers!
Post a Comment