Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot

We're back!

We spent the last 5 days in Chico visiting with Gary and Camille (and Anna even came home too!) and we had tons of fun. It was HOT though! On Thursday night at about midnight it was still 90 degrees outside! Gary and Camille having a swimming pool and Patrick had been looking forward to this trip for months. He would talk about the pool all the time and couldn't wait to get in. The first day he was sort of hesitant but by Monday he was loving it and didn't want to leave. He keeps asking me to buy him a swimming pool. The fact that our backyard is tiny doesn't seem like a hurdle to him. Molly also loved the pool, check out these two little fish!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nana, Papa, Uncle Nick and Leah were all there also. Nick and Leah were attached to their Gameboys, something I haven't played since college. Those little things are rather addictive! And they come in pink now!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gary and Camille took very good care of us, we had wonderful, yummy dinners out by the pool every night.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But back to the grind today. Patrick started his first real day of school this morning (Thursday was just orientation and my camera battery died so I am not counting it). His new teacher this year is Miss Tiffany and she seems great! I hadn't realized that there were 3 different classes for 3 year olds, Patrick is not in the same class as his two best school friends, Valentino and Aria. He hasn't seemed to notice yet but it breaks my heart because he has talked about them all summer. Apparently I could have requested that they be in the same class but I didn't know that back in January when I had to register him. Just another one of those things I will file in the "I hope I didn't cause any permanent damage" file.

3 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Patrick and Molly are SO cute - what fun times in the pool! I wondered where our updates were, I didn't realize you were away! And I can totally relate with the preschool/friends situation - I think it will all work out okay. Hope he had a great first day!!!

missmolly said...

At least Patrick and his friends didn't hatch a plan to run off together, thereby making the news.

http://tinyurl.com/2qteta

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, how sad is that? I'd better start saving money for therapy for Patrick :D