Thursday, April 24, 2008

Birthday Girl

IMG_7931

Good golly, Miss Molly is 1 today!

It's so hard to believe she's already one. The last year has just zipped on by, it seems like yesterday I was anxiously awaiting our sweet baby girl. It still amazes me to think that we have a girl, I was so comfortable in my role as a boy mom. I still get a little squee inside when I take pretty little pink dresses out of the laundry and put bows in her hair. In the picture above, Molly is wearing a dress I bought long before I was ever pregnant with her. I thought it was so pretty, wand worth putting away just in case I ever had a baby girl. So I thought it was fitting that she wear it today.

Molly has just been a precious joy in our lives. She's so similar to Patrick in so many ways (inability to sleep through the night being at the top of that list!), and so different in others. Molly absolutely adores Patrick, she is never far from his side and he doesn't seem to mind one bit. When he plays with his Playmobil men of Legos at the dining room table she will sit on the sidelines and watch, content to just be near him. Just in the last week she has started saying "dada" and "mama" in the right context. She's definitely attached to us and wary of strangers. When Tom leaves for work in the mornings she cries. And when he comes home at night she crawls as fast as she can to the door, stopping to lift her arms up for a snuggle. She doesn't seem that interested in walking yet. It's OK, I'm enjoying every minute of babyness.

Molly has her 1 year visit at the pediatrician yesterday. She weighed in at 18 pounds, 10 ounces (25th percentile) and 30 inches long (85 or 90th percentile). Her head is finally measuring in close to Patrick's in the 90th percentile! The doctor declared her nice and healthy, and wasn't concerned about her weight. We started her on a little cows milk this week, she hasn't taken to it as quickly as Patrick did but it is nice to know that she has an option other than mom! We also got the green light to start her on a few more foods like eggs.

So a very happy birthday to my sweet baby girl! You are the icing on our cake, and we all love you very, very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Molly- You are a lucky Irish lass and have the best Mom and Dad in the world.

P.S. Best brother too!

Love and Kiss......Gpa Mike

Jan Russell said...

Molly is perfection in her birthday dress - just beautiful!!! And I love her new set of wheels, too! This was such a sweet post - Happy 1st Birthday Molly!!!

Darienne said...

Happy birthday, Molly!