Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

I'm a little late in posting this, but we spent a long weekend in Tahoe over my birthday. It had been a very long time since we'd been up there during the winter, and I've decided I am so not cut out for cold weather. Patrick loved it though. He was thrilled to be able to make snow angels and go sledding. Molly tolerated it for small periods. She absolutely hates having anything on her head right now (including my beloved bows) so she would throw a complete fit anytime we put a hat or a hood on her. I am really hoping this phase is short lived, Patrick went through a similar phase at about the same age. I took a bazillion pictures, more are posted on Flickr.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way home we stopped off in Fairfield to tour the Jelly Belly factory. It's one of those things I've always wanted to do but never had the chance. The factory only operates on weekdays so I was excited about seeing everything in action. Well wouldn't you know it, Monday was inventory day so the factory wasn't running. We saw a bunch of empty machines and half finished beans but Patrick loved it just the same. He brought home his paper Jelly Belly hat and has been wearing it for 3 days straight now, insisting that we play "jelly bean factory workers". I'll admit it, that one can get old really quickly.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jan Russell said...

CUTE pictures! How fun that you got to go to the factory, even if it wasn't fully operational that day.

Anonymous said...

Is it my imagination or does Patrick look very young-Prince-William-ish in his sledding picture? Evidently he was having a very good time -- looks like the rest of you were as well! Great pictures :)

Love,
Nana & Papa