Sunday, April 27, 2008

Party Girl

Molly's birthday party was on Saturday, and I didn't even cry! It was a gorgeous day, and Molly seemed pretty excited to have all eyes on her for the day. The theme of the party was cupcakes, chosen from a moment of inspiration I had when my mom gave me a giant cupcake cake pan for Christmas. It looked easy enough to make. Boy was I wrong. I called my cousin Danielle in a complete panic last week because my cake was bad. Oh so very, very bad. Danielle helped me trouble shoot some of the problems I was having, and them being the total sweetie that she is, she offered to make the cake even though she was headed out of town. The cake turned out completely gorgeous, much better than anything I would have been able to do. Molly was very tentative with it, and mostly just mushed around the frosting. It was a great day!

Check out my party dress!

Photobucket

Uncle Nick taught us all cool party tricks to do with orange peels.

Photobucket

Molly with her Godparents

Photobucket

Getting ready for cake in her special birthday tee

Photobucket

Cake time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And today was our 12th wedding anniversary :) It ends a 30 day period in which we celebrate my birthday, Patrick's birthday, Molly's birthday, and the birthdays of several small friends. Most years Easter in thrown in there too, we lucked out this year! This year it has been really bad because Tom had a huge project that he's been working on for 2 years go live this weekend. He went to work at 4 am the day of the party, came home for the party, then went back to work. He worked today as well, and will probably be getting into the hospital by 6 am every day this week. We are VERY much looking forward to vacation in 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Miss Molly! I love her dress The cake is FANTASTIC!

Jan Russell said...

I don't know which looks yummier that cake or Miss Molly in her gorgeous birthday dress - TDF!!! She is so cute in her blinged out b-day tee too - great job!