Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Irish Rover

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I planned a special dinner for Patrick's special day, Nana helped us to celebrate. It would have been a lovely dinner if not for one huge mistake on my part. Just as I was getting ready to serve I was draining the boiled potatoes in the sink and I poured boiling water on my belly. Of course I have a huge (salad plate?) sized burn on my belly, complete with blisters and missing skin. It hurt like heck but I am feeling better now. By the time that got taken care of and cleaned up dinner was cold and Patrick was in a foul, foul mood and not impressed with dinner. But I did manager to take a few pictures! I made corned beef with vegetables (the real Irish don't eat the cabbage!), boiled potatoes, Irish soda bread and a Guinness stout chcolate cake that I forgot to take a picture of. Since I ate dinner with a bag of ice tied to my belly there are no pictures of us :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: