Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hello, Mr. Toilet

I'm not generally a superstitious person but there are some things I avoid. I hold my breath when I drive past a cemetery, I wont open an umbrella indoors, I throw a bit of salt over my shoulder if I spill it, and I don't talk about things sometimes for fear of jinxing myself. Potty training had fallen into that last category. Over the last 18 months or so we've tried all sorts of different things and Patrick really wanted nothing to do with it. He was perfectly content to wear diapers, even as his friends were starting to train. Just when I was starting to think I might have to send him off to kindergarten in diapers something finally clicked for him. He's now been wearing "big boy underwear" for over a week with no accidents. He even spent a morning at school and am afternoon with his grandma with no accidents. I AM THRILLED! And I hope that writing about this does not jinx anything! Now if we could just improve his aim....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon-Three cheers for The Trickster. No diapers????? It's like getting a pay raise not having to buy them anymore.

Good Luck Patrick!

Love, Dad