Thursday, June 14, 2007
Sing Along With Me
A few weeks ago my mom played an album (yes, an actual album!) for Patrick, one that she used to play for me when I was little. It was The Limeliters Through Children's Eyes, I didn't remember much about it when I looked at the album cover but as soon as the music started I remembered the words to every song (a useless talent, my brother has it too). Since Patrick seemed to enjoy it I ordered the CD on Amazon. We've been singing it together in the car all week and it makes me immensely happy that he is enjoying it as much as I did when I was a kid. I suspect it makes my mom pretty happy too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You suspect correctly! I've always loved that album (oops . . . my age is showing) and it makes me smile to learn that two more generations are enjoying it as well :)
Love,
Happy Mom
PS - Evidently what The Limeliters sing is true: "When you have your own kids let them know that even though you're twice their size, you see the world through children's eyes"!
Guys-There are Limelighters fans and there are folks who hang on.....which are you???? Name the 3 guys who are the Limelighters. Where did the LL debut in San Francisco??? No cheating!!!
My father was the original LL fan. He was a nut about them. In fact I saw them when I was 13 and several times after. Saw them In Cleveland in 1992.
Best songs on the Through Children's Eyes??? Marty and This Train. My father sang Marty until my head wanted to explode.
No cheating on the LL questions. And just for yukes what instrument did each LL play???
Glenn, Alex and Leo? Patrick's favorite is Morningtown Train, he knows all the words. He also likes Bee-A-Bay. No clue on the instruments but I am going to guess guitars and a bass? Debuted at The Warfield??? No clue! Guess I am a hanger on ;)
But Dad, I do believe it is spelled "Limeliters". How true of a fan are you? lol!
They debut at a place called the Hungry i (located in SF...North Beach).
Jamie is teaching me how to leave a comment.....She is such a know it all. JK She is sitting right here.
Can't spell???? It's my state college ed. The LL are great but even better is John Stewart and John & Dorsey.
Love, Dad
Shannon, it was Glenn, Alex and Lou. Glenn was guitar, Alex was banjo and Lou was bass. It was the Hungry I, and your mom saw them there. I would guess they first appeared in the early sixties. We've got other albums, although you are correct - they are vinyl. I hope to digitize all the music someday. Maybe then I'll let Nick have the albums, but I doubt it.
Love, Papa
Ok guys..............what was the name of Lou's initial folksinging group?? No cheating. Here's a hint the initials were GS. They were a big hit at the Hungry I with the song Puttin on the Style.
GS...?
Grand Sizzlers?
Go Sparky?
Great Santa?
Glad Sisters?
Giant Sky?
Golden Sunsets?
Giddy Soulsters?
It was the Gateway Singers. One of the first local Bay Area folksinging groups. There is a Hungry I expo going on at the SF Performing Arts Museum. Lots of LL stuff and others as well.
Looks like Tom had a great Father's Day. Remember Disney World in the heat and humid weather??
Love, Dad
Post a Comment