Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Secret Is Out

I ordered a present for Tom for Father's Day online and it arrived today. Patrick is always excited to see a package at the front door and he wanted to help me open it. I explained to him that this was a gift for Daddy for Father's Day and it was a secret. What was the first thing Patrick did when Tom got home? He blurted out "Hey Dad, your Father's Day present came and it's a XXXX!" (using Xs just in case Tom forgets and reads this, highly unlikely). He didn't give all the details but it was enough to spill the beans.

One more funny story, yesterday when Tom came home from work Patrick did he usual "Hi Daddy!" greeting. But then he added on "Uh, I mean hi Tom" at the end. Silly boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Patrick learned the "Hey Dad, here's your surprise . . . " bit from his Uncle Nick. At least you didn't respond with a four-letter expletive like I did -- oops!

Mom

Shannon said...

It was exactly like that! I should have known better than to trust a 3 year old to keep a secret!