I'm pissed. Sorry there isn't a more polite word to describe it. I've ranted before about Patrick's Chinese-made toys that were recalled. It's hard to explain to a 3 year old why Thomas could make him sick and that he needs to be sent back. Or Diego, or Sarge...
More than anything, Patrick has been asking for Aquadots for Christmas. Thanks to a few commercials on Nick Jr. he became quite obsessed, and has asked for them nearly daily for the last 6 months. Well wouldn't you know it that Aquadots it the latest toy recall. And it's not a lead paint concern that only applies it your child eats the paint off of toys. Apparently the manufacturer didn't make the dots to the correct specifications, and if swallowed the dots metabolize into GHB, the date rape drug. It can send your kid into a coma. What the heck is wrong with these manufacturers?
Patrick saw something on the news about the recall, and I had to explain that they weren't being sold anymore because they made some kids really, really sick. And that Santa probably wouldn't be able to bring him any for Christmas because there weren't any to buy. Patrick was crushed, almost in tears, and said "But Mom, I promise I won't eat any. I promise. I promise."
Being the good mom that I am I had already bought an Aquadots set for Patrick for Christmas at Costco. Costco was kind enough to call me and let me know I need to bring them back in for a full refund. My heart is breaking a little that the one thing my child wanted more than anything will not be under the tree on Christmas morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We already have a set, and I am PI$$ED too, I mean OUTRAGED that they have put Sawyer in danger - HOW does this keep happening?!??!??!
I feel so badly for Patrick and for you having to disappoint him :-( Totally crummy.
I'm sorry Shannon. They were on our list, too, albeit not as "the" item. Can you bargain with him for something else? Or two things in exchange for that one?
It totally sucks! Since the AquaDots are out for E's birthday, I've now had to succomb to MOON SAND. ughhhh, I already cringe at the mess that it will inevitably be.
Post a Comment